‘Sightseeing’ is the very best of author Andrew Smith’s short fiction — nominated for a CBC Literary Prize and included in the Journey Prize Anthology. All are previously published in acclaimed literary journals, each story is masterfully told, vividly peopled, and evocatively located.
Featuring protagonists such as:
• A country policeman in an agonizing
dilemma over a friend’s possible guilt
• A homemaker and her nostalgia
for romance in a shadowy ballroom
• A sex worker’s disturbing self-discovery
in the light of a client’s needs
• A tourist who divulges an astonishing
revelation about herself to a complete stranger
• A war survivor in hallucinatory delirium
concerning her marriage
• A female impersonator, on killing another, amused by a charge of manslaughter
and much more.
Scroll down on photo to read first press review for Sightseeing.